Monday, May 26, 2008

Waiting for Spring


Just as spring comes to an end, I finished one of my watercolors, called "Waiting for Spring". Well, it started as a watercolor and ended as a mixed media. It all started when we trimmed on of our Forsythias and I kept some small branches, because i wanted to put them in water and see if they would bloom. Well, they did, and I liked them so much that i decided to paint them, I started with watercolor and the result was "acceptable", but then, after months of not looking at it, I discovered acrylic inks and voila!, I started glazing, accenting, playing until I was happy with it. I like the result very much, I love using intense colors, so when i found these inks I was hooked!. So, as spring ends, I decided to post it, since I won't see those crazy yellow flowers until next year.


No comments: