Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The concrete shell


"Or calling your room on a concrete shell
Fighting all alone, with yourself, with yourself
And you just wanna feel like a coin that's been tossed
In a wishing well, a wishing well
A wishing well, a wishing well
Well you're tossed in the air
And you fell and you fell
Through the dark blue waters
Where you cast your spell
Like you were just a wish that could turn out well

So you stand on the corner
Where the angels sit
And you think to yourself,
"This is it, this is it
This is all that I have
All I can stand
Is this air in my lungs
And this coin in my hand"
That you tossed in the air
And I fell, and I fell
All the way to the bottom
Of the well, of the well
Like those soft little secrets
That you tell, that you tell
To yourself, when you think
No one's listening to, well"

From the song "Wishing Well", by The Airborne Toxic Event


1 comment:

Art Fortune said...

I like your use of color in this piece. The darkness with small glimmers of color seeping through is a great effect that you have achieved. Your blog is very good, the way you pair the pieces to poems or songs is very powerful. art.