Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mystic Moon




"There is so much solitude in that gold
the moon of these nights is not the moon
the first Adam saw. The long centuries
of human vigil have filled it
of antique cries.Look at it. It is your mirror"

Poem "The moon", by Jorge Luis Borges

A good friend of mine started doing moonscapes a while ago. She took pictures, studied it, stared at it lying on the floor and painted it ...now, every time I see a beautiful full moon somewhere, I think of her and her moons. I, too started taking pictures... and watching it, and thinking...hardly do we think of the history behind our surroundings... how many poets, painters, singer, lovers have been moved by the moon outside our window? How many people are admiring the same beauty on the same night? how many stories have been told about our moon?.

Somehow, I don't feel so alone while watching the moon from my window late at night.


No comments: