Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm stuck

Yep, it's official: I'm stuck, out of fresh ideas, cretivity on summer break.

I haven't been able to come up with anything at all, this last couple of weeks. Nothing, zero, nada. This usually happens to me. I start working and have a very productive period, anything from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, and then, poof! my mind goes on strike for a couple of weeks!. Its so frustrating. I want to work, to create, I want to have and idea and see it clearly in my mind and watch it transform into an image on paper!. But right now, ideas feel more like noise inside my brain and all those images come out as doodles.

How long will this last? I don't know. Does this happen to other people? I don't know. What can I do about it? Wait, I guess. In the meantime, I think I'll make up my mind and enter a couple of juried shows in this area (would be my first time) and keep taking photographs, to see if inspiration strikes. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Marilyn,

If it helps, I too have those times when I'm stuck. Nothing comes. It's hard to let your mind relax to allow the creative process to start to flow again. But I have found that doing some relaxing yoga, or just listening to some of my favorite music, helps to unplug the dam.

I wish you luck. Your creative energy will flow again. It's just one of those dry periods. Hang in there, I'm thinking good thoughts for you!

Kathleen