Saturday, July 26, 2008

Transition




Appropriately enough, after all this time unable to create anything, I start working again and poof! its all about change and starting new periods in life. All the fear the expectation and the excitement associated with the moment we realize the course of our life is changing.

True, transitions can be very hard (they usually are), and we make it harder on ourselves sometimes by resisting them, but on the other hand, how could we ever evolve and grow as a person without constant change?. Most of the time the only one holding us back is our own fear.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Beautiful painting. Could you tell me about it...what medium...etc?

I'm in a transition now too. Been in a creative block almost a year. Changing jobs....etc etc.

Glad your creating again.

patti

MarilynM said...

Hi Patti!. I know how you feel, changes can be so rough...and we all need peace and quiet in our minds to create. So, take it easy, your muses will come back.

Well, about "Transition", I started on a 17"X21" piece of canvas (loose canvas, not stretched)and added several layers of rice paper, to add some texture (I use acrylic medium for this), after it dried I picked three arbitrary colors from my acrylics, I usually do this when I'm blocked, and started painting different sections of the canvas. After the paint dried, I started with the figure, also in acrylic and added the final touches with Conte crayons.

I'm really glad you liked the piece, I hope you start creating soon!