Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Luna

"Frozen Moon"

With this solitude
treacherous
peaceful

with this solitude
of sacred leaks
of far away howls
of monstrous silence
of firm memories
of frozen moon
of someone else's night
of eyes wide open

with this solitude
useless
empty

one can sometimes
understand
love

Mario Benedetti

Another moon, another night of contemplation, another painting. I am really enjoying this celestial subject. I was going to add more to the painting, covering part of the face of the moon, but last night I just looked at it and realized it was complete.

This piece is more about contemplation and peace than anything else, to just sit looking out a window, no music, no TV, no noise, no distractions, no one else around to talk about trivial things, just sit down quietly and enjoy what's in front of me and meditate about life. Find my center and find peace in my mind.


1 comment:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Marilyn -

I LOVE this! It conveys everything you've described. So tranquil. Beautiful work. Obviously you've broken through that creative block you had. Well done!

Kathleen