Monday, October 20, 2008

Sorting Laundry




It's been a while since I posted anything (bad Marilyn!, bad Marilyn!). Its just been a crazy last couple of months and quite frankly, I've had a ton of ideas but for some reason haven't gotten to them. This one is my older dog, Moshis ( we found him at our University campus in Caracas in Sept 1999). We were folding our clean laundry one day (on our bed, as we usually do), when all of the sudden he jumps over the piles of clothes and lands softly and cuddly in the middle, covers his nose with a t shirt and falls asleep for about an hour!! (talk about a dog's life). So, I reached for the phone, snapped a quick couple of pictures and started working!. I used acrylic inks (I'm in love with the intensity of the colors) and some pastel on watercolor paper and this was the result!. (Oh, and in case you're wondering, we had to work around him to fold the rest of the clothes).

1 comment:

Jared Kelley said...

Thanks for commenting on my abstracts, Marilyn. I especially love this "laundry" piece. It reminds me strongly of the sand art by the Tibetan monks. Very interesting! I hope to spend more time visiting your site and my other favorite artists soon. Keep up the great works!