Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Under the Tree of Life


I had this idea in my mind for a while, now...I just hadn't had the time to sit down and think about how to manifest my idea in a graphic way (this is always the hardest part for me always). The symbol of the tree of Life has been used in many cultures and has a variety of meanings, but in most cases it serves as a link between three worlds: Heaven, Earth and the Underworld and it is the line of balance that unites the three realms.

I painted the three figures in the bottom representing humanity, or at least those members of humanity in search of balance and integration with the world, the beads represent the wisdom that could be obtained during the search for balance and which will ultimately lead to it (I used beads as a reference to "The Glass Bead Game", by Herman Hesse, he's one of my favorite authors).

With this piece I wanted to convey a sense of reverence towards life and the world, and stress the need we have (specially right now) to achieve balance within ourselves and with the world around us.



No comments: