Saturday, November 29, 2008

About the shadows that inhabit my relfection...


I know, it is a very long title, but really, it's just that.This one is about my need for expression and how the means to satisfy that need have changed over the years. I used to write poetry when I was a teenager, and before that I used to play the piano, and before that...I can't remember. Right now the most satisfying outlet for my creativity and ideas is painting, drawing...even writing this blog.

This piece is about the dichotomy that inhabits inside me, the things you can't know about me just by looking at me, those parts of myself that exist within me in the corners of my heart,the ones that show up in my paintings and that leave me feeling vulnerable and exposed when I discuss them with others.

No comments: