Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am human, hear my voice!


"I am alone in the unexpected shriek
I emit in my flavor of darkness
to fill my solitudes with voice
and bring back to life my uninhabited self"

Excerpt from "Voice of my solitudes (I)", by Elias Nandino


Well this is the result of my last failed attempt (see previous post). I got this image stuck in my head for some reason, and couldn't let go of it. At first I didn't like his appearance, (not proportional, and I liked the preliminary drawing better) he didn't look "human" enough. But then I started thinking about what makes us human...is it our appearance? our spirit? our voices? acceptance into society by others?...our ideas?.

We all have a voice, and we all need to be heard, maybe that's one of the things that makes us human: our need to communicate, which is why it is so painful and frustrating when we cannot make ourselves heard. So, this is my representation of that primal need we all have to let our voices be taken seriously and be heard: I am human, hear my voice!


1 comment:

Archita Singh said...

That's very unique!

Please visit us at the India Art Summit. Following the inaugural success of India’s international art fair for modern & contemporary artworks in 2008, the second edition is slated for the 19th – 22nd August 2009 in New Delhi, India.
Do visit our website for more details at www.indiaartsummit.com