Monday, November 24, 2008

Tagged!

OK, I was tagged last week my friend, Kathleen, whose wonderful blog is "Reflections of a Glass Artist" . She does the most beautiful glass work, please take a look at her bog because you will enjoy it. And again, I can't thank her enough for thinking of me, I'm always very flattered and at the same time humbled when someone as talented enjoys my work so much as to do this!

So, this is how it works:

1.- Link back to the person who tagged me:
Kathleen

2.-Write 5-7 unusual things about yourself (only 5 or 7???)

3.-Tag another 5-7 people.

All right, something unusual about myself...where to start? OK:

1.- I spent over 5 years of my life studying Materials Engineering (option: Polymers), until I just couldn't take it anymore and decided to switch careers. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

2.- I studied music and played the piano for 17 years (since I was three years old), I also play the mandolin and a little bit of guitar.

3.- I love singing (I used to sing in my church) and once I had to do it in front of over 1,000 people

4.-I love animals in general: dogs, cats, birds, rodents (we have a catch and release trap for mice caught in my home), reptiles, etc. When I was little my dad and I used to walk around our block feeding leftovers to the neighborhood strays (which in Venezuela are a lot, sadly). My older dog is a street rescue from Caracas (yes, he flew here with us when we moved).

5.-I used to practice martial arts (Kung Fu), I obtained my green belt, but then a knee injury prevented me from continuing (in case you're wondering, it was not sports-related, I fell down at the beach and luxated my kneecap...ouch!)

6.- I met my soulmate in 1994, we fell in love in 1997... and we've been (happily) married since 2000.

7.- My grand father is an ear, nose, throat doctor (oto-rhino-laryngologyst, I think is the technical term in English). Ever since I can remember, every Sunday when we visited, we would watch together his surgery tapes (some intra-craneal). I'm not squeamish about blood.

Now, as for the people I'd like to tag here's my list:

1.- Jared Kelly
2.-Suzanne Berry
3.- Karen Zima
4.-Patti Murphy
5.-Mark Landes


No comments: